Thursday, March 8, 2012

Adventures in the Amazon Bargain Book Bin: March 8, 2012

By: Noelle

I admit it: I spend at least a couple hours a month in the Amazon Bargain Book section. I just can't resist the feeling of stumbling across $2 hardcovers of my favorite books. The section also lures me into giving books I hadn't planned to read a chance (totally eclipsing my book budget: resistance is futile). There is also the fun of discovering completely insane book covers. Screen-printed flapper dress The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite "what the..." discoveries.  I generally look for hardcovers under $10,  paperbacks under $7 and e-books under $5.

Just in case clicking through 100 pages of book links isn't your thing, here is what caught my eye this month.

Kindle Editions:

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta • Goodreads
Kindle Edition - $3.49
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater • Maggie's Review • Goodreads
Kindle Edition
 - $3.99

The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams • Goodreads
Kindle Edition - $2.99
Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines • Goodreads
Kindle Edition - $2.99













Bargain priced Ship Breaker, Split, Graceling and more (including my insane book cover pick of the month) after the jump...



Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi • Goodreads
Kindle Edition - $4.99
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer • Goodreads
Kindle Edition - $3.28




Eden by Keary Taylor • Goodreads
Kindle Edition - 99¢

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale • Goodreads
Kindle Edition - $2.99












Hardcovers:


Split by Swati Avasthi • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80
Graceling by Kristin Cashore • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80










Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

*Sara Zarr's other books are on sale too: Sweethearts,  Once Was Lost










What the... Awesome Find of the Month:

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde MARVEL ILLUSTRATED COMIC BOOK.

Sadly it is out of stock.


1 comment:

  1. I love Kindle/bargain posts because I never seem to be able to find them on my own, so thanks for putting this post together!

    ReplyDelete

We've just installed Disqus for comments. If you see this message, it means that Disqus has not loaded properly. BADLY DONE, DISQUS. You can either try refreshing the page to get to the Disqus thread or leave a comment here.