Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dance Party: Open Mic

No theme this week---that's right it's open mic.  You know what that means---you can submit ANY song for ANY book you want and we'll update the post.  We'll get you started!


Maggie: So Noelle finally got me to try Faking Faith after some light harasking (not a typo) and the two magic, automatic-read words: Almanzo Wilder. It did not disappoint. Like Dylan, I went old school for my song choice:
"We'll crucify the insincere tonight / We'll make things right / We'll feel it all tonight."

Noelle: After Maggie's review of Love-Shy, I just knew I had to borrow it ASAP.  I loved it!  At first I was tempted to use the most emo song of all time for good ol' Nick but this is a dance party after all so....
I went with Close to Me by the Cure.  Here's the cover by The Get Up Kids as well.

Your Requests:


Book: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares Requested by: Tortiak
Song: Hospitality by Eight Avenue  Because: "Been listening to this for the last 2 days. Can't get enough of it. Haven't got the foggiest what it's about, but when I hear it I think of New York and therefore think of this book :)"



The request line is open!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you guys, I'm no good at matching musice with books, I leave it to you two, the experts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've loved Smashing Pumpkins for years but never seen a film clip...SO not what I was expecting. But very cool. And now I want to go read something steam punky.

    ReplyDelete

We've just installed Disqus for comments. If you see this message, it means that Disqus has not loaded properly. BADLY DONE, DISQUS. You can either try refreshing the page to get to the Disqus thread or leave a comment here.