Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bookmark Binge: May 27, 2012

Haven't gotten enough of...

Anya's Ghost?
Check out Vera Brosgol's website for additional Anya artwork and more! There's even a kickass Katniss rendition. I'm kinda tempted to buy the Anya Rock print in the shop.
There's also Brosgol's FAQ which includes this video of a start to finish digital drawing.
Here's the book trailer too.
Don't take my word for it, read YA author Cory Doctorow's review.

Oh look at all these links lying around...
To all of you who think I'm joking with my Tomorrow series Ellie survival lessons, check out how YA saved a 13 year old's life. (via Bookshelves of Doom)
Readlists: bundling web pages, articles etc into a e-book to read later on your Kindle.
Mandee and Trinity report back from the Her Dark Materials Tour featuring Kirsty Eagar, Lucy Christopher and Margo Lanagan.
Speaking of road trips, here's a cool interactive map of the road trip in Paper Towns.
It's not often that Florida gets something right but Lilli Leight sure did with her Giving Library.


Coming soon--what we're reading and/or reviewing...in theory

Noelle
Let's be honest...hopefully everything I didn't read/review last week the last few weeks. 

Maggie
My Spurs are playing in the Western Conference Finals this week! :)

4 comments:

  1. I went to the link for the Anya artwork shop and oh my goodness they are all so adorable, I want them all on my walls! I want to read the novel even more now.

    Ahh, I love that knowledge obtained from a book saved a kids life, I hope if I'm ever in trouble, I remember something I've read and it saves the day!

    And thanks for the link to my recap ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mandee!

      And why do I think that I'll be on top of a waterfall somewhere and remember all of the NON-life saving info I have learned from books...like makeout scenes or Cakes Laden With Meaning? I'm going to have to start making notes! --N

      Delete
  2. Darn! One of my favorite parts of the week is when I go see the list of books that neither of you will finish the following week. MUAHAHAHA.

    I hadn't heard that story about the near drowning and I've been hiking along the Wallace River several times! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! Oh, so uh, you noticed? One day there will be a post where Maggie and I lay out all the books we meant to read vs. what we actually did. And it will be hilarious. :D

      Feet first Flann! FEET FIRST! --N

      Delete

We've just installed Disqus for comments. If you see this message, it means that Disqus has not loaded properly. BADLY DONE, DISQUS. You can either try refreshing the page to get to the Disqus thread or leave a comment here.